Saturday 16 January 2021

Birthday Park Challenge

As mentioned in my last post my monthly outdoor challenge was due for completion today, which also happens to be my 51st birthday. The challenge that i had been tasked with completing was to wear my long grey wig, high heels and skirt at the bus stop next to our local park. The bus stop in question is about a 2 or 3 minute walk away up our road (longer when wearing heels) and is on a fairly regular London bus route. i thought about putting my heels on when i got there but it was raining and i decided it would be a bit of a faff and so steeled myself to wear the heels to and from our house. i just hoped i didn't bump into our downstairs neighbour as i left, or pass anyone in the street that i know. As it turns out i did, i passed the owner of the local dry cleaners who did a brief double-take.

Anyway, i am getting ahead of myself. Owner was making a birthday lunch for me and so it was agreed that whilst She prepared the food in the kitchen i would head outdoors and complete my challenge. It was raining and the pavement was a little slippery in places and my heels have absolutely no grip on them so i had to concentrate on what i was doing as i headed off up the hill to the park.

On route i was passed by two vans, both of which slowed right down as they passed me and also walked past various people out for some exercise. Quite what they made of me teetering up the hill in my high heels and fishnets, whilst they were decked out in winter boots, heavens knows. On the way back i passed an old lady who gave me a bit of a look. But hey, noticing people's reaction is half the fun.

So, how did i get on? Well i completed the challenge, pausing on route to take a photo and a few at the bus stop. The rain and wind did nothing for my wig and it is always tricky finding somewhere to perch my phone and take a selfie. However, you can see how i got on below.

About to leave the flat
heading up our street

nearing the park and the bus stop

at the bus stop - and yes i am locked up 'down there'
getting a damp bum sitting at the bus stop

You can get a better sense of what i was wearing in this final photo which was taken in our lounge, just before i put my coat on and headed out.

My outdoor challenge successfully completed i tottered slowly back down the hill to our flat where Owner was waiting for me with a delicious and nutritious birthday lunch. What a lovely day i am having!

4 comments:

Katie said...

You look great! Not sure about your neighbors, but the blokes in the van would have probably loved to have given you a ride!

Poppet Subslut said...

Ha, ha, thank you Katie

p
x

La truie chiotte said...

Congratulations !

Poppet Subslut said...

Thanks La lope Allex

p
x