Thursday 20 May 2021

Covent Garden Corset Challenge

i had the day off work today. i had hoped to be able to meet up with my Dad, it's been over a year since i last saw him, however, in the end that did not prove possible. Instead, with Owner's permission (She still had to work), i decided that i would venture into Central London and have a smooch around Covent Garden and Soho. It has been an equally long time since either of us last visited.

To mix things up a little, Owner announced that She wanted me to complete a challenge whilst i was out. The challenge was that i was to wear a corset, again it has been a while since i last wore one, and to photograph myself wearing it in Covent Garden. The idea sounded fun, it has been a while since i last 'showed off' at a London landmark.

Despite it being late May the weather today was distinctly unseasonal, a little chilly, windy and with the odd rain shower. However, it meant that i could simply wear my light quilt jacket on top on my corset which would make for an easier 'reveal' once i arrived, i could simply undo my coat!

The main market square was pretty empty, there were people around and even a street performer. However, compared to a normal day for this part of Central London it was very quiet, a combination of lingering Covid restrictions and an absence of tourists (though i did spot one or two). 

Anyway, so how did i get on? The picture below is, i think, the prettiest of the ones i took. It started to rain and so i put up my umbrella, which matched my corset. i didn't take my coat fully off, i felt oddly nervous (unlike me these days). Maybe it was the fact that it has been a very long time since i last did a London landmark challenge. Instead, i just 'flashed' a few times - though i did at least reveal my shoulders. i guess i am maybe just out of practice. Anyway, here i am in London's Covent Garden

Hello Covent Garden, it's been a while!

And this was me 'practising' on the train into town

And finally, had i actually taken my coast fully off, this is what you would have seen

Maybe next time, and perhaps even with a skirt :)


No comments: