Sunday 14 July 2024

Cooking and Cleaning

i am, by nature, quite service-orientated. i derive great pleasure from cooking and cleaning for Owner and it is something that She, in turn, has come to expect of me. They are an integral part of my daily routine , too feed Her and keep Her home tidy and clean. Neither is something i would ever regard as a chore. Each are things i love to do. The challenge is to do them to a standard that meets with Owners expectations of me, Her submissive wife.

A typical day will see me cleaning both morning and night, before and after work. i am also responsible for preparing and clearing away all meals. Owner will, if She is working from home and sees that i have a day full of calls and meetings and She does not, prepare a lunch for me. She is also an excellent cook but Her expectation is that, unless She decides otherwise, it is my role to feed Her and provide Her with drinks whenever She wants.

Cooking and cleaning are things that i have done since childhood. i would enjoy occasionally helping my mum out in the kitchen and doing basic cooking classes at school. i was also brought up to be responsible for keeping my bedroom clean and my sister and i were always the ones who tidied-up after dinner and did the washing and drying. We would often sing together as we worked, our teenage selves working through the entirety of Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody as dishes were rinsed and dried.

My first part-time jobs were linked to cleaning and food preparation. Aged 15 i took a Saturday job at a local bakery which involved getting up at 3am and cycling to the shop to help the bakers finish off baking that days bread. Later i graduated to the shop itself, preparing and serving sandwiches to customers. i also worked part-time as a cleaner at my local hospital whilst i was at college and, for one memorable summer, worked nights at Gatwick Airport cleaning the interiors of the planes.

i guess you could say, therefore, that i grew-up cleaning and cooking. However, i was never that proficient. My ward and my planes were just about OK and my sandwiches basic but filling. Leaving home at 18 i then assumed full responsibility for feeding myself and keeping my place clean throughout University but neither was ever a big priority. Food always competed with cigarettes and alcohol as to which was more important to spend money on and cleaning...well, let's just say i doubt my rooms were ever spotless.

Fast forward fifteen or so years and one failed marriage and i met Owner. We had our own places but soon i found myself asking Her to do me the honour of moving in with me and letting me submit to Her. i think it fair to say She was quite shocked by my standards, or lack of, when it came to the food i prepared and the state of the flat i had. Owner set about changing things.

She insisted i learn new recipes (at that stage i still panicked at the thought of preparing anything without a recipe to follow to the letter) and start a recipe database. i still have this. It was an excel spreadsheet that was searchable by ingredients etc and which ran to well over one thousand lines. Owner would give me honest feedback on the food i prepared and gradually my abilities and confidence in the kitchen grew. i started to bake and make soups as well as regular meals.

At the same time i was set the task of having a regular cleaning routine. To begin with i would often forget, and be rightly chastised for doing so, until finally we hit on the solution. This was to start and follow a routine which saw each day of the week allocated to specific cleaning tasks. Monday for the bathroom or Friday the kitchen for example. Owner created a rota that was stuck to the fridge which i then had to mark when each task was completed that week.

Eventually, even my dumb brain got the pattern and now no rota is required. i know exactly what to do each day. Other cleaning tasks were then added which repeat everyday. For example, cleaning the bathroom toilet, sink and surfaces and the bathroom floor every morning and sweeping and mopping the kitchen floor every night after doing the washing up.

Unless i am not well i am good at completing my tasks and keeping Owner fed and nourished. To me it plays to the service side of my submissiveness and is also a way of demonstrating my love for Owner by making nice meals for Her and keeping Her home the way that She likes it. Now we have also bought a flat in Spain the expectation of me is that i will also be the one responsible for keeping that clean and feeding Owner whilst we are there too.

However, there is still much i need to do to improve if i am to truly become the wife that Owner wants and deserves. Whilst every room and surface of the flat always looks superficially clean, behind that impression lies a very different story. Yesterday i was shamed and embarrassed by the sight of Owner emptying out and cleaning the cupboard that houses the boiler in the kitchen. It is a space i had left untouched, just like the backs of cupboards or the cutlery draws for example. i also know that, when i am putting away Owners clothes after washing, drying and, if necessary, ironing them i do not tidy Her drawers or ensure the inside of Her wardrobe is neat and dust free. i fail to dust each of the glasses in the drinks cabinet nor do i take out all of the books and CDs from their cupboards and shelves before wiping the surface clean and replacing them. i do not empty out the cabinets in the bathroom, wipe them clean and then replace all the items back in their place. i do not empty all the food cupboards, clean and then replace. i do regularly clean the inside of the fridge and the oven but these other things i have not been doing. This, i know, is not good enough as yesterday's experience brought home to my shame and embarrassment. In short, from now on i know i must also undertake regular deep cleans as well if i am to keep Owners place as She rightly expects it.

The same is true with cooking and food. We both work full-time. Once i clock off i know i also have other household tasks and chores to complete. As a result the meals i prepare are often hastily assembled, often not that inspiring or are repeats of meals i know are easy to do. Owner deserves better. i want to start to batch-cook some foods so that there are a variety of meals available to serve to Her. There are also still times when Owner has to prompt and remind me that Her glass is empty or Her coffee has been drunk and is in need of a re-fill. She will then have to prompt or remind me to fetch Her another drink. It should, instead, be me that is checking, asking if She desires a re-fill, anticipating Her needs rather than reacting to Her requests. i must also start to block time out of my work day so that Owner does not ever feel obligated to have to prepare lunch when She is working from home because i have failed to make time to prepare it myself.

So, when it comes to food and drinks there is still a lot i need to do to further try to improve.

One of the things both Owner and i recognise is that, as much as i have improved over the years, there is still much more that i could and should be doing. My submission and service to Her is a lifelong commitment and one that requires me to constantly strive to improve and become better than i previously was. i doubt i will ever become the perfect wife for Her but each year i try and be better than i was before and as i try harder so too do i get even more pleasure and satisfaction from serving and looking after Her.

Owner is the love of my life, the centre of my world. Cooking and cleaning for Her and looking after and caring for Her in every other way i can think of brings me great joy and satisfaction. It is something i hope to keep doing until the day i die.

4 comments:

vanessachaland said...

This is a great post, truly. Some history, some details about growing up, the formative years, but I am confused...can you clarify what "My ward and my planes" means? I Googled it, and nothing came up. Never heard that before, no idea what it means?

Poppet Subslut said...

Thank you Vanessa, i am delighted that you liked the post. To clarify, and perhaps these are English terms?.

A 'ward' is the place in a hospital where patients are kept in their beds i.e. surgical ward, oncology ward etc. i was a cleaner on an orthopaedic and also on a geriatric ward. Incidentally, after i graduated and before i went back to University as a post-graduate, i was also a health service manager for 4 years.

A 'plane' is an aircraft.

Hope that clears things up?

p
x

vanessachaland said...

"Ward" means the same thing here, and obviously so does "plane". I just never heard that phrase in that manner so...my being dense, I got quite lost. :)

Poppet Subslut said...

We all have days like that Vanessa.

p
x